100 gr. black beans cooked,
50 gr. jalapeno,
2 medium onions chopped,
2 tablespoon olive oil,
1/2 teaspoon chili powder,
1/4 teaspoon cumin,
1 teaspoon chopped garlic,
1 teaspoon sriracha hot sauce,
2 tablespoon cooked corn,
1/2 teaspoon salt,
Tortillas to wrap ( I used homemade spinach tortilla bread)
1 cup raw cashews
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
Direction: Soak cashews in a warm water for 15 minutes. Then strain, drain and add into food processor, add 1/4 cup water, lemon juice and salt. Mix on high speed until silky smooth. Then add apple cider vinegar, mix again and pour in a jar.
(It will keep in the refrigerator for about 5-6 days. Store in a small container with a lid, glass preferred.)
1/2 tbsp lemon juice,
1 pinch blackpepper,
1 onion chopped,
4 sprigs coriander leaves,
1 pinch salt
Direction: Firstly, char the onion on the gas flame. Turn it around on the flame till all of its skin is blistered and black (but not burnt). Remove it from the gas flame and let it cool for 10-15 minutes. Then peel it. This process gives a lovely smokey flavour to the side dish. Finely chop the onions, jalapenos, tomatoes and coriander leaves. Mix the onions, tomatoes, jalapenos and coriander together. Mash them using a fork slightly to make a semi-paste or you can use a small chopper blender. Add lemon, salt and black pepper to taste. Let the salsa rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Preheat oven to 220 C. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Wrap corn tortillas at a time in a damp paper towel and microwave for about 30 seconds to soften.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan. Add chopped onions, corn, japaleno and saute together until soften.
- Add cooked black beans, corn into the pan. Add salt, garlic, sriracha, cumin and chili. Give them a good toss.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of the filling in each tortilla and wrap up tightly. Place seam side down on prepared baking pan.
- Bake on medium heat until golden.
- Remove from the oven serve with sour cream and salsa.