275 g unroasted buckwheat groats soaked for 2 hours then drained
1 cup water
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup flax seeds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1 tbsp maple syrup
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1. Whisk the chia seeds and 1 cup water together in a bowl. Set aside for 15-20 minutes or until it becomes gelly.
2. Preheat the oven to 165 C and line an 8×4 loaf pan with parchment paper.
3. Place the chia seeds, buckwheat groats, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, olive oil, maple syrup, baking powder and salt together in a mixing bowl.
4. Whisk until everything is well combined, do not overmix. Otherwise the bread won’t rise well.
5. Spoon the sticky dough evenly into your loaf pan.
6. Bake for 1 hour and 10-15 minutes depends on your oven, until the bread is firm to the touch.
7. Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes, before removing the bread from the pan and allowing to cool completely on a wire rack. Once cooled, slice thinly. Serve with almond cheese cream, crispy buckwheat, marinated beetroot and microgreens, or whatever you like.
Tips: Depending on your oven, you may need to bake the bread slightly longer or shorter. To test the bread, stick a toothpick in it. If the toothpick comes out clean, the bread is cooked. This bread is meant to be denser than a regular wheat loaf of bread.
Store this bread in the fridge. Toast before eating for the best taste.