Time: 30 minuts prep + 1.5 hours sitting + 18 hrs dehydration
Serves: 20-24 cookies
10 fresh sukkari dates (100 g weight after seeds removed)
30 g dried gojiberries
20 g dried figs
3 tbsp coconut sugar
135 g fresh orange juice
1 tbsp dried chamomile (from Nature Restore) (optional but recommended for flavour)
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1/8 tsp ginger powder
A pinch cardamom
A pinch pink himalayan salt
100 g activated dehydrated almonds
45 g coconut flour
45 g activated dehydrated walnuts
20 g desiccated coconut
20 g coconut sugar
A pinch salt
1. To prepare the wet ingredients, start by juicing the orange. Then pour 1 tablespoon of dried chamomile into it and mix. Leave in the dehydrator for 1 hour at 36 degrees. Then remove the chamomiles with the help of a strainer and transfer your chamomile flavored orange juice to the Blendec Twister Jar.
2. Add the dried gojiberries, figs, coconut sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and salt. Let the jar sit at room temperature for 30-40 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, start preparing the dry ingredients. Add the activated dehydrated almonds and walnuts in a high speed blender ( I use Blendtec with wide side jar for this), process into flour. Transfer the flours into a large mixing bowl.
4. Add the coconut flour, desiccated coconut, coconut sugar and salt into the mixing bowl. Mix everything well.
5. Once time is up, process fruit mixture sitting in the orange chamomile juice, make sure you have a smooth puree without large pieces.
6. Fold mixture into dry mixture. Using a spoon, mix everything well. Then using your hands, knead the dough.
7. Using a preferred cookie cutter shape your dough.
8. Transfer cookies onto a dehydrator sheet lined parchment paper or silicon dehydrator papers.
9. Dehydrate at 42 C for about 18-20 hours or until completely dried.
Storage: In the airtight container up to a week, but best when consumed in the same day.