2 cups vital wheat gluten,
3 tbsp chickpea / garbanzo bean flour,
1/2 onion chopped or 4-5 tbsp onion powder,
2 tbsp garlic powder or puree,
1 tsp pepper.
1lt. vegetable broth,
2 cups water,
5 tbsp soy sauce,
3 tbsp olive oil,
2 tsp pink pitaya powder or 60gr. beet puree,
2 tbsp shiitake mushroom powder,
3 tbsp vegan worchestershire sauce,
A pinch of blackpepper,
3 tbsp vegan butter,
3 tbsp worchestershire sauce,
1 tsp agave syrup,
1 tsp BBQ sauce,
1 tsp shiitake mushroom,
2 tbsp warm water
Your favorite spices ( I used rosemary)
1. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients and set aside.
2. Place all wet ingredients in a food processor, mix on high completely smooth.
3. Add dry ingredients into the blender, mix well.
4. Get out dough from the food processor, knead with your hands for 1-2 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
6. Place a baking sheet in a baking pan. Transfer dough on to the pan. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
7. Using a large pot, bring the broth to boil. When the roast is finished, place it inside the pot.
8. Monitor the pot frequently to make sure the broth is simmering, not boiling. Turn it continously. Boil for 1 hour.
9. In this stage you can refrigerate the seitan overnight according to @veganvvocals recipe to get best texture ( she said ) or you can make the glazing sauce immediately. I divided it in two to eat half within the same day, placed another half in the refrigerator for tomorrow and made the glazing sauce again.
10. To make glazin sauce, place all sauce ingredients in a small pot, cook for 3-4 minutes on medium heat. If you need add more water or agave syrup to get sticky sauce.
11. Spread sauce over the seitan.
12. Slice and serve with your favorite roasted vegetables.
You can cut it into small pieces and keep in the fridge for next days.