120 gr. vital wheat gluten,
175 ml. water,
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast,
1 teaspoon smoke liquid,
1 teaspoon garlic granules,
1 teaspoon shiitake mushroom powder,
1/2 teaspoon coriander,
1/2 teaspoon ginger powder,
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup water,
50 gr. vegan butter,
1 tablespoon maple syrup,
3 tablespoon soy sauce
to turn seitan into dark color, use soy sauce and vegetable broth.
to make a texture like chicken, use only water.
to make spicy and intense seitan, use more soy sauce and peppers.
1. Place vital wheat gluten and water into the food processor, mix on high speed until get dough texture.
2. Add nutritional yeast, smoke liquid, garlic granules, mushroom powder, coriander, ginger and salt. Mix well.
3. Remove dough from the food processor. Knead with your hands for about 2-3 minutes.
4. Make small dough balls with your hands or cut using a knife into small pieces. Keep in your mind the dough will rise and expand in the pressure cooker, so cut it smaller than you think you need to.
5. Place the seitan chunks in the bottom of the instant Pot and pour in enough water (or whatever liquid you’re using, remember liquid tips; add vegetable broth or water + soy sauce combination if you want to get dark color) to cover the bottom of the pot.
6. Cook seitan on medium heat for about 18-20 minutes.
7. Transfer seitan in a large skillet pan.
8. In a small bowl, mix glacing sauce ingredients on medium heat until thicken.
9. Pour sauce onto the seitan chunks. Cook on high heat stirring constantly.
10. Serve with rice , your favorite veggies, with salad or make wrap!