300 gr. organic fresh spinach leaves ( You can substitute frozen spinach or 2-3 tbsp spinach powder)
1/4 cup filtered water,
2 cups organic whole wheat flour,
1/2 teaspoon himalayan salt.
1. Place spinach leaves with the water and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally in a large non-stick skillet. Cook for 4-5 minutes, until the spinach is completely wilted.
2.Place spinach into the food processor, add 1/4 cup water, blend on high speed until you get puree. ( You should get 1 cup spinach puree)
3.Combine flour and sea salt together in a large bowl then add spinach puree. Using a spatula, stir mixture well. If the mixture seems too wet or sticky, you can a little extra flour, if it is so firm, then add a little extra water
4.Dust a flat surface with flour and shape the dough into a long log.
5. Divide the dough into about 14-15 portions. If you’re going to make larger burrito-sized tortillas, divide into less portions. Roll the portions into balls into using your hands.
6. Sprinkle the dough balls well with spelt flour and roll each out until they are between 1/8 and 1/16 of an inch thick.
7. Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat and add the rolled out tortilla. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side.
8. Flip the tortilla over with spatula after about one minute – you’ll notice the bright green of the tortilla will turn to a darker forest green, and that bubbles start to form when it’s ready to flip. Stack each cooked tortilla and keep covered with a clean dish towel until ready to eat. The towel will hold in the steam from the cooked tortillas as they cool down, keeping them soft and flexible. If they are not flexible to use next days, just heat in the microwave oven for 1 minute.