250 gr. shredded dough ( kataifi),
150 gr. vegan butter,
1 cup coconut milk,
4 tbsp cornstarch ( or tapioca),
1 lemon juice ( or orange),
1 tsp salt,
4 tbsp agave syrup or coconut sugar,
2 tbsp nutritional yeast,
100 gr. vegan mozarella,
2 tbsp carob molasse,
4 tbsp water.
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Melt vegan butter and pour over the kataifi into a very large bowl. Mix together until kataifi is completely coated with butter.
3. Divide kataifi in half. Place into baking tart and press to pack it down.
4. For the filling, mix cornstarch, coconut milk, nutritional yeast and salt in a medium pot on medium heat for 2-3 minutes. In a few minutes it will begin to seperate, keep stirring until become cheesy cream.
5. Place mixture onto the kataifi layer.
6. Sprinkle shredded vegan mozarella over the mixture.
7. Cover the other half of kataifi evenly over the cheese layer. Press it down slowly to even the layer out.
8. In a small pan, mix 2 tbsp carob molasse and 4 tbsp water. Pour over the knafeh. ( this process helps to be fried well.)
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the top of kataifi is golden brown.
10. For the topping syrup, mix agave syrup, water and lemon or orange juice in a small pan over the medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
11. Remove the knafeh from the oven. Flip the other side of knafeh. Use a large plate for this process. And transfer it to baking tart again. Bake other side for 15-20 minutes.
12. Pour the syrup evenly over the dessert.
13. Top the dessert with pistachios and decorate with pomegranate seeds.
14. Serve immediately with ice cream if desired.