For the rice:
1 cup sushi rice,
1 cup warm water,
1 tbsp olive oil,
1 lemon juice,
A pinch of himalayan salt.
For the fillings:
1 medium carrot,
1 medium cucumber,
3-4 large strawberries, ( or mango)
A handful of cashew ( or walnut),
A handful of mung bean (or lentil sprouts).
A pinch of sesame seeds.
For the wraps:
3-4 sheets of nori,
Bamboo sushi mat
For the dipping sauce:
1 small bowl soy sauce,
A handful of pickled ginger,
2 tbsp wasabi paste. ( if desired.)
1. In a large pan, mix together lemon juice, salt, olive oil, 1 cup water and 1 cup washed rice, cook until they are tender. Set aside.
2. Lay the nori on the sushi mat. Lightly wet your hands. Grab 3-4 tbsp rice with your hands and spread it evenly on the nori sheet.
3. Place cutted vegetables, sprouts, fruits and nuts on to the rice layer.
4. Slowly start wrapping the roll squeezing it tightly using the mat. Then cut with a sharp knife.
5. Repeat last 3 steps with the remaining nori sheets.
6. On the side prepare a bowl with the dipping sauce, wasabi paste and pickled ginger. Decorate with sesame seeds and serve.