For the tofu:
300 gr. firm tofu,
1 tbsp olive oil,
2 tbsp of soy sauce,
4 tbsp of freshly squeezed orange juice,
1,5 tablespoons of agave syrup,
2 garlic cloves chopped,
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon,
1/4 teaspoon salt,
3/4 teaspoon cayenne,
2 tablespoons of lemon juice,
1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
A pinch of black pepper and all spice (optional)
For rice with veggies:
2 Red peppers,
2 Green pepper,
2 tablespoons of soy sauce,
1 tbsp olive oil,
1 cup wheat (you can use bulgur or grain of your choice),
2 cups water,
Blend of red pepper, rosemary or harissa spices (or your favorite spices),
Salt to taste
Parsley and kumquat for decorating.
1. Pre-heat oven to 220 degrees. Cut your tofu into small cubes or evenly cut into pieces.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the orange juice, soy sauce, olive oil, cinnamon, cayenne, paprika, salt, garlic, lemon juice and the optional all spice with black pepper.
3. Place the cubes over a parchment paper, place them in a mold or baking tray. Pour the sauce on the cubes.
4. Finely cut the peppers and leeks, add 1 tablespoon soy sauce and olive oil on the pan. Sauté thoroughly at high temperature. Mix by adding the latest spices.
5. Wash the wheat or bulgur and filter in a pot. Cook 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, 2 cups of water and cook over medium heat until it has completely drained.
6. When cooked, mix thoroughly with sauteed vegetables.
7. Flip the baked tofu by turning the sides and bake the sides and edges. Remove it from the oven when it has reached the crunch. If you think it is still soft, flip for a minute or two by facing upside down over high heat with very little half a spoon of oil and soy sauce in a large pan then take to the plate.
8. Chop parsley and cut kumquat into thin slices and serve it by decorating your plate. Enjoy your meal.