Raw tastes better if you dare to reset your taste buds!
Time: 9-10 hours
Makes: 3 dehydrator sheets (30x30cm x3)
635 g zucchini, peeled and chopped
Juice of 1 whole lemon +1/2 lemon juice
75 ml extra virgin olive oil (remove this if you are not using oil)
65 g red bell pepper
2 garlic cloves minced
50 g dried raisins soaked
115 g almond flour
90 g sprouted buckwheat flour
40 g sprouted teff flour
125 g flax seeds ( grind in coffee grinder before using)
15 g psyllium husk powder (use only in powder form)
1 tsp pink himalayan salt (optional. you can also use seaweed powder or celery powder instead salt)
1. Peel and cut the zucchini and red bell pepper into chunks. Add to your food processor. Squeeze the lemon over the zucchini. Process until puree.
2. Add all the rest of ingredients (lastly add the psyllium husk powder) and process again until everything combined well.
3. Divide the mixture between 3 – 30×30 cm dehydrator sheets, using an offset spatula spread the mixture evenly to all four sides of the sheet carefully. Cut the mixture into 6 squares of desired size.
4. Dehydrate overnight or for about 8-10 hours until dried. After 3 hours of dehydration, flip the slices and remove the sheet. Continue to dehydrate. Once done, enjoy with your favorite toppings or salad. I love to make breakfast sandwich with this bread, it tastes great with simply mashed avocado, sliced raw onions, tomatoes, cucumber, collard greens and microgreen mix.
5. They can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator up tp 5-6 days. You may want to reheat them in the dehydrator before eating.