350 gr. broad beans
1 large head artichoke
1 large red onion
2 large garlic cloves
1 large carrot
2 tbsp olive oil
750 ml. vegetable stock or water
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Clean and cut onion, garlic and carrots. Place in a large pot. Cook with a little olive oil until soften. Then add vegetable stock.
2. Clean artichoke leaves till you reach the heart. Then cut in half vertical, clean fuzzy center with a teaspoon. Keep them in lemon water until use to avoid getting darken.
3. Transfer artichoke leaves to the pot with vegetable stock (or water) and other vegetables .Bring it to boil then simmer for 30-35 minutes.
4. Let it cool down for 20 minutes and strain through a fine strainer. Remove leaves.
6. Peel the skin of the broad beans one by one. ( can be done overnight)
7. Add artichoke hearts and the artichoke stock in a stock pot bring it to boil and simmer until artichokes are tender.
8. Add broad beans to the pot and cook until very soft. Be careful not to overcook them. Otherwise, they lose the bright green color. We want them bright and vibrant.
9. Blend them until smooth, adjust seasoning. Add some lemon juice if desired. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Divide between bowls. Decorate with scarlet cress, basil flower, gangnam tops or whatever you prefer. Enjoy!
To serve with crackers:
45 gr. flax seeds freshly grounded,
15 gr. white sesame seeds,
10 gr. poppy seeds,
15 gr. chia seeds,
15 gr. sunflower seeds,
Salt and pepper to taste
120 gr. warm water
1. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and add 125 ml. boiling water and mix well. Then let it rest for 15 minutes until absorbs all water.
2.Place the dough in between two baking paper and roll it evenly. It should be around 5-6 mm thick. Avoid making it too thin otherwise they crack during baking.
3. Remove the baking paper on top but keep the one underneath. Cut into long pieces.
4. Bake at 175 °C for about 8-10 minutes or until completely dry and crispy.
For garlic confit and avocado cream to decorate crackers:
Garlic confit ingredients:
70 gr. garlic
100 ml. olive oil
2 spring onion chives
1 spring thyme
1.Place all ingredients in a sauce pot. Bring it to simmer but not boil.
2. Simmer at the lowest heat possible for about and hour. Garlic should be very soft but not caramelized.
3. Let it cool down. Strain the confit garlic but keep the oil. Mash garlic, transfer into a pipping bag. Decorate your crackers with little drops.
1 ripe hass type avocado
1 tbsp pickled jalapeno
1/4 tsp salt
Transfer all ingredients into your blender. Mix well until smooth. Transfer to a pipping bag, leave little green drops on the side of garlic confit drops.
Decorate your crispy cracker with gangnam top leaves, scarlet cress if desired.