1 medium head cauliflower (approx. 550 gr),
5-6 garlic cloves,
4 tbsp olive oil,
3-4 fresh sage leaves,
1/4 tsp white pepper,
600 ml water
4 tbsp pine nuts,
2 tbsp walnuts,
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
6-7 sage leaves,
2 tbsp olive oil,
A pinch of salt and black pepper
1. Cut leeks into small pieces, add in a large pan. Add some olive oil and fry until golden. Add garlic and sauté for 3 more minutes. Then add fresh sage, salt and pepper.
2. In a large pot, cover cauliflower with water and bring to boil until soften. Then strain and transfer to a high speed blender.
3. Transfer mixture from pan to food processor. Add some water depending on your blender and how liquid you like. I added 600 ml water.
4. Blend mixture until silky smooth. Then transfer to a deep pot. Taste it, if it is too thick, then add more water and salt. Then cook for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
5. To make the Pine Nut crumble, place all ingredients expect olive oil into a small food processor. Pulse several times until it is roughly chopped. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and gently toast the crumble, stirring constantly for about 5 minutes until golden and fragrant. Season with salt and pepper.
6.Divide soup among bowls and sprinkle with the pine nut crumble.