250 g spaghetti (regular or gluten-free)
Fresh basil to serve
Freshly grounded black pepper and mustard seeds to serve
400 g shiitake mushrooms
3 large perfectly ripe tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato paste
4 garlic cloves minced
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil (optional)
Miso sunflower seed cream
150 g sunflower seeds
3 tsp miso
3 tbsp lemon juice
Salt and blackpepper to taste
Water to blend
1. Cook your pasta according to package instructions.
2. Peel your sunflower seeds, place in the blendtec twister jar, add the lemon juice, miso, salt, pepper and cover with filtered water. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, let it sit in the refrigerator overnight.
3. Chop your tomatoes finely, place the pot. Add the olive oil, salt and minced garlic. Cook on medium heat until thicken.
4. Add the tomato paste and stir well.
5. Then add the miso sunflower seed cream. Cook on low heat until warm enough and everything combined well.
6. In a large non-stick , over high heat, cook the shiitake mushrooms without cutting, with a heavy bottom pan on top. Press down gently during the cooking process. After 2 minutes, flip the mushrooms and repeat the process. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Once your pasta is cooked, strain and immediately stir in the creamy tomato sunflower seed cream sauce.
8. Serve with mushrooms and basil.
If you loved this recipe, you might be interested in our pasta book ” NEW NORDIC MEETS OLD ITALIAN: Perfectly paired 45 vegan pasta sauces – All recipes are gluten-free & vegan“