For the gravy sauce:
3 cup vegetable broth,
1-1,5 tablespoon organic miso paste,
1 tablespoon vegan butter,
3 tablespoon cornstarch,
1 tablespoon soy sauce,
4 tablespoon warm water
1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary and thyme,
2 tablespoon nutritional yeast,
A pinch of blackpepper,
400 gr. cremini mushrooms,
A small handful of fresh thyme and rosemary
A pinch of salt
2 tablespoon olive oil,
1 small onion,
2 garlic cloves,
4-5 medium potatoes
1.Combine the miso and water and whisk them both together until the miso is completely dissolved in the water. You can also heat the water up a bit first in order to speed up this process.
2. In a large skillet, melt the vegan butter over medium-low heat and whisk in the flour and cornstarch until a paste forms.
3.Add the miso and water mixture, vegetable broth, soy sauce, nutritional yeast, and black pepper. Stir to combine very well.
4.Allow to cook over low heat until thickened, stirring frequently. You will need to do a lot of stirring to avoid any lumps forming as the liquid thickens up. If it lumps then pour mixture into the blender and mix on high speed until silky smooth.
5.Add more cornstarch if needed, to make the gravy even thicker. But don’t forget that your gravy will thicken slightly as it cools.
6. Bring to boil potatoes in a pot with warm water until soften.
7. Wash and brush your mushrooms, cut them into small cubes. Set aside.
8. In a large skillet pan, add olive oil, onion, garlic and sauté until soften. Then add mushrooms and cook on high heat frequently stirring until grilled well done!
9. Then add gravy sauce over the mushrooms, set aside some sauce to use it later.
10. Mash potatoes, place in the bowl or plate, add mushrooms and gravy sauce.
11. Serve warm, decorate with sesame and fresh thyme if you need.