10 bell peppers
300 g gluten-free rolled oats
1 large onion
2 garlic cloves minced
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp sumac
1 tbsp freshly chopped rosemary
2-3 tbsp tomato paste
1 cup water
Salt to taste
Chopped fresh parsley to serve
Garlic flavored cashew yogurt
140 g fair trade raw cashews
Juice of whole lemon
1 tsp pink himalayan salt
1 garlic clove minced
1/2 cup water + more as needed
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Heat the pan, add the olive oil, onion and garlic. Sauté until gets color.
2. Then add the water, tomato paste and chopped rosemary. Stir well, until everything combines together, oats absorbs the water and you get a sticky thick mixture.
3. Season with salt and sumac. Mix well. Set aside.
4. Cut the lid of bell peppers, remove the core, clean, wash and dry.
5. Cut the skins of tomatoes to make lid for the bell peppers. (Use the rest of tomatoes for your salad later, you can also finely chop and add them into your oat filling if desired)
6. Fill the bell peppers with oat mixture. Top the peppers with tomato lid.
7. Place in a large pot. Cover half of the peppers with water. Put the pot lid on.
8. Cook over medium heat for 20-25 minutes.
9. Serve with cashew yogurt, extra pinch of sumac and chopped parsley.
10. To make cashew yogurt, place all ingredients in a blender, blend until silky smooth. Keep in the refrigerator at least 40 minutes before serving.