170 g pulled young jack fruit cooked
200 g potato boiled
2 tbsp tapioca flour
1 tbsp olive oil to brush
1/4 tsp red chili
2 garlic minced
1 tbsp tamari or 2 tbsp coconut aminos
3 springs of green onion chopped
1 tsp pink himalayan salt
Chopped red cabbage
40 g pearl barley cooked
100 g mixed Thai rice cooked
1. Pressure cook potatoes. Once cooked peel and mash with a help of fork.
2. Pull the the cooked jackfruit with your hands so that it appears shredded instead of mashing it.
3. Combine both the jack and mashed potato in a bowl, add tapioca flour, salt to taste, minced garlic, chopped green onions, coconut aminos and red chilli powder.
4. Mix well, shape them into round cutlets by using a 5-6 cm ring mould with a pressing handle. Then refrigerate for 1 hour before cooking.
5. Brush some oil on both sides of the cutlets before placing them on the baking tray lined parchment paper. Bake in the oven at 200 C with a fan for 15-20 minutes or becomes crispy and golden brown.
6. Serve with plant-based mayo of your choice, grilled green onion, chopped cabbage, chili pepper, lime wedges and pearl barley and mixed rice.
There is also other way of serving this dish…