A delicious snack: broad beans a.k.a fava chips.
250 g dry fava beans
1/4 cup olive oil or grapeseed oil
1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp chili pepper
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp garlic
Salt to taste
- In a large pot, soak dried fava beans in slightly salted water for 4-5 hours or overnight. You can also cook them on low heat for 3-40 minutes until boiled.
- Once they started to boil, remove from the oven..
- Rinse, drain, and pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- In a large bowl mix olive oil, tamari, nutritional yeast, chili pepper, garlic, thyme and salt.
- Transfer beans to the mixture. Massage well to coat with your hands.
- Transfer to the oven tray lined parchment paper. Bake at 200 C for 30-40 minutes or until crispy enough.
- Once baked, allow them to cool at the room temperature for 30 minutes. Then store in the airtight container or mason jar up to couple of weeks.