This dish is gluten free, oil- free and made with all the wholesome ingredients! Perfect as a nutritious main dish or a side dish! We highly recommend to give it a go!
Time – 30 minutes
Serves – 2-3 person
1 cup filtered water
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 bunch dinosaur kale
1 tbsp pickled capers to serve
1 medium red onion
3 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp sea salt
2-4 tbsp water
1/2 bunch parsley
Juice of whole lemon
2 garlic cloves
A pinch of salt
1. Pour 1 cup cold water, then place a stainless steel steamer basket in the instant pot. Add 400g carrots in the basket. Pressure cook at high pressure for 2-3 minutes, then quick release.
2. Chop your onion and garlic. In a pot add 2 tbsp water, place the onion and garlic. Cook at medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until onions are soften enough.
3. Place soften onions and garlic into a high speed blender along with the cooked carrots. Add salt and 2 tbsp water. Then blend on high speed until you get a nice smooth carrot cream.
4. Place your quinoa in a small pot, wash and strain. Cover 1 cup filtered water and cook at medium heat for about 15 minutes or until the quinoa absorbs all the water. Once cooked season with salt and black pepper, set aside.
5. Wash and cut your kale leaves into small pieces. Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Once the pan is ready add the kale and cook for a few seconds then add the water to sautee. Cook until the kale starts to wilt and turns bright green.
6. To make parsley gremolata, remove the stems from the parsley. Chop the parsley with a chef’s knife until it is nearly finely chopped. Grate the garlic clove over the parsley. Add fresh lemon juice over the parsley. Toss together.
6. Pour 3 tbsp carrot cream in the plate, add 3 tbsp quinoa, some kale leaves and pour parsley gremolata. Serve with pickled capers.