70g raw buckwheat
60g raw almond flour
2 tbsp coconut flour
60 g maple syrup
5g psyllium powder + 2 tbsp water
1 tbsp orange zest
1 tsp all spice, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger powder mixture
1 tsp vanilla powder
A pinch salt
1. Soak the raw buckwheats for 1 hour then rinse and allow to sprout for 10-12 hours or overnight.
2. Once they are sprouted, rinse well and transfer to your food processor, blend well for 2-3 minutes.
3. Then add the almond flour, coconut flour, salt, vanilla, spice mixture, blend again until well combined.
4. Add the maple syrup , psyllium powder and water. Blend on low speed until combined together.
5.Using your hands, mix it all up and form into a ball.
6.Roll it out between two pieces of parchment paper to about ¼ inch thickness.
7. Using your favorite cutter, cut them into hearts, Christmas tree, stars, Santa or whatever you want.
8. Repeat this process until all dough is used.
9. Place the cookies into the dehydrator lined dehydrator sheets to dry at around 42-46 C for 8 hours.
10. When done, let them cool and then dip the sides in raw jam, homemade raw Nutella or just keep them as is.
Here we’ve used carob butter for the filling. To make this simply combine 1/2 cup carob paste with 1-2 drops orange essential oil and 2 tbsp raw cacao butter. You can also use nut butters or tamarind paste in the place of carob paste. Raw chia jams also taste great with these cookies. We are aware of carob is only available in powder form in many countries in the world. Paste is pretty different and more delicious.
Raw (Dehydrated) Buckwheat Cookies