140 gr. sunflower seeds or cashews (alternatively almond and sunflower seeds can be mixed together)
5 tablespoons of nutritional yeast (nutritional yeast)
3 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 teaspoon of coconut aminos
1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
A pinch of turmeric powder
1/8 teaspoon red pepper (optional)
1/2 teaspoon pink himalayan salt or more if you need
1/2 teaspoon mushroom powder (optional preferably dried porcini, portobello or shiitake)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
5-6 tablespoons of water
- Soak the nuts in the water for 2-3 hours, then rinse and drain, transfer to the blendtec twister jar.
2. Add the remaining ingredients to the blender. Mix at high speed until you get a smooth mixture.
3. Place a non-stick paper to a dehydrator tray. Spread the cheese mixture very thinly using offset spatula.
4. Bake it in the dehydrator at 42 ° C for about 10-12 hours.
5. After 6 hours, flip the cheese using a new dehydrator paper, transfer to a new paper. Then cook back side of the cheese for another 6 hours.
6. When your cheese is baked, cut it into small pieces and keep it in the jar. Alternatively you can place it into the food processor and blend until you get powder form and use as parmesan powder for pasta, salad or whatever you want.