400 g red bell peppers
200 g san marzano tomatoes
600 ml water or veg stock + more if you need
2 tbsp fresh dill
1 tbsp roasted garlic puree
A pinch red chili flakes
2-3 tbsp onion cream to serve
Viola to decorate
1. Roast red peppers and garlic at 200 C for 15-20 minutes in the oven on a foil-lined baking sheet until tender and charred on all sides.
2. Then remove red peppers and garlic from the oven, let cool to the touch, and remove charred outer skin seeds and stems. Transfer to a high speed blender and add water to purée soup.
3. Then transfer back to pot and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
4. Let simmer on low for at least 10 more minutes. The longer it simmers, the deeper the flavor develops.
5. Serve as is or top with desired toppings, we used fresh dill, chili flakes, viola and onion cream.