140 g. whole oats
500 g. ripe tomatoes
1 ripe red plum
1.5 cups water + more as needed
Salt and black pepper to taste
1 bay leaf
Plant based parmesan to serve (optional)
A good quality balsamic to serve (optional)
Fresh basil to serve
1. Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in oats, reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Then strain and set aside.
2. Chop tomatoes and plum. Place in a wide pan, cook until soften and tomatoes leave their juice.
3. Add the strained oats into the tomato pan. Place the bay leaf in the pan. Close the lid of the pan. Continue to cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes or whole oats absorb the juice.
4. Once absorbed, remove the bay leaf. Taste your risotto, if it is not soften enough, add a little bit more water and cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Season with black pepper and salt. Serve with parmesan, basil and balsamic if desired.
Whole Oats Risotto With Tomato Plum Sauce (Oil-Free)