3-4 small beets,
7-8 large swiss chard leaves,
250 gr. sunchokes,
1 cup cooked green lentil,
2 tbsp olive oil,
1 large red onion diced,
2 garlic cloves minced,
1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar,
4-5 tbsp vegan parmesan ( optional),
Salt and blackpepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 200 C. Scrub and trim beets and sunchokes and cut into ½ inch slices or wedges. Place on a foil lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and roast until tender, about 30 minutes.
2. To cook lentils, place green lentils in a small pot and cover with 3 inches of water and a pinch salt. Bring to a boil, cover and turn heat down to a simmer, cook until tender (it usually takes 20 minutes, should still hold their shape.) Then Drain.
3. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium high heat. Add diced onion and saute 3-4 minutes. Turn heat down to medium, add garlic and cook 2 more minutes, until golden and fragrant.
4. Lower heat to medium low. Add chard and gently wilt, just slightly, about 2-3 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
5.Add cooked lentils to the skillet, gently folding them in and warming.
6. Add beets and sunchokes then splash with 1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar. Let vinegar cook down for just a couple minutes so it’s not so acidic. Sprinkle with vegan parmesan and fresh thyme.
Taste again, if it tastes bland it most likely needs salt. Serve immediately.
Wilted Swiss Chard w/ Warm Lentils, Roasted Beets & Sunchokes