For the crust:
140 gr. almond flour,
85 gr. tapioca flour,
1 tbsp flax seed +4 tbsp water,
1.5 tbsp powdered coconut sugar,
2 tbsp coconut oil,
1/4 tsp licorice salt or any kind of salt
2 tbsp plant based milk
For the filling:
3 small red apples cored and very thinly sliced,
1 dl dried raisins,
2 tbsp coconut sugar,
1 tsp lemon juice,
1 tsp cinnamon,
1/2 tsp ground cardamom
Garnish: sliced almonds, coconut flour
1. Grind flaxseeds using a coffee grinder. In a large bowl, mix ground flaxseeds and water. Set aside.
2. To make dough, in a food processor , combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut sugar and sea salt. Process until well combined. Add the coconut oil and flax seed mixture then mix again, adding in the water bit by bit until the dough comes together.
3. Preheat oven to 190 C. Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet and dust lightly with almond flour.
4. Roll the dough into a 4-5 mm thick circle and place the apple filling in the middle, leaving 2-inches around the edge empty.
5. Gently fold the sides up, creasing the dough as you go. You can use the parchment paper if needed so it doesn’t break.
5. Brush the dough with plant based milk and bake for 30-40 minutes, until browned. Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting. Spread some sliced almonds and dust coconut flour for the decoration.
Drizzle vegan kolatopping if desired.