220 gr. young jack fruit,
1 red onion,
1 cup pomegranates,
1 lime juice,
1/2 tsp or more chipotle depending on how hot you like,
2 tbsp maple syrup,
200 ml. warm water,
1 tbsp tomato puree,
70 gr. rice
A handful of coriander or parsley
Black pepper and salt
1. In a pot add warm water, chipotle powder, maple syrup and tomato paste. Strain and drain jack fruits and transfer in the pot. Place in a lid on the pot and simmer for 15 minutes until jack is softened enough.
2. Then pull the pieces of jack apart with two forks. Add some salt and black pepper.
3. Add more water to thin the sauce if necessary.
4. To make avocado salsa, peel and de-store avocado and roughly chop into small cubes. Chop red onion and juice a line. Mix avocados with onion, pomegranates and lime juice. Add some salt.
5. Serve warm with brown , white or black rice depending on your preference.
6. Decorate with fresh coriander or parsley.
Pulled Chipotle Jackfruit with Avocado Salsa and Rice