Asphodel is very delicious spring plant grown in Mediterranean, Middle East, Africa, India and Europe.
It looks similar to leek and ramson in appearance, but the flavor is a bit similar to spinach. Try our warming delicious recipe made with plant protein, vitamin-rich seaweed and coconut yogurt.
1 kg asphodel
1 large onion
2 garlic cloves
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup pea protein granules
1 tbsp tomato paste
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp seaweed blend from Lofoten Seaweed ( to add unique umami flavour)
1/2 tsp chili
Coconut yogurt to serve
1. Wash, clean, dry and chop your asphodel. Set aside.
2. Place pea granules in a small bowl, cover with water. Let it soak for 5 minutes or until the pea granule absorbs all water.
3. Chop your onion and garlic, place in a large deep pot. Add the olive oil. Cook until soften.
4. Then add the pea granule, stir well. Cook for 1-2 minutes on low-medium heat.
5. Add the tomato paste and 1/2 cup water mix well until tomato paste dissolves well.
6. Once done, add the asphodel in the pot. Give them a good toss.
7. Close the lid, cook on medium-low heat for 7-8 minutes.
8. Add the salt, seaweed and chili. Serve with coconut yogurt.