2 tbsp olive oil
300 gr. broccoli florets chopped
1 zucchini chopped
2 carrots chopped
4 garlic cloves
1 medium red onion or leek chopped
A handful of raw cashews
2 cups water
2 tbsp nutirional yeast
2 tbsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper as needed
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Once hot add the zucchini, carrots, onion and garlic. Cook until garlic is fragrant.
- Add the broccoli, raw cashews and water. Bring the mixture to a bowl, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes until the broccoli is soft.
- Transfer this mixutre to a blender and blend until smooth. Add nutritional yeast and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Blend well
- Taste and add a touch more salt and pepper if needed.
- Top with fresh parsley, toasted pine nuts and red chili flakes if desired.