A kinda experimental gluten free vegan dish with delicious pear cream, can be served as a main dish or side.
200g brown rice
2 cups filtered water
1 cup okra
1 cup green peas
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 ripe pear
1 red onion
1 garlic cloves
1 dl oat crème fraiche
1/2 tsp salt
1. Wash the brown rice and in a pot cover with water, let it sit for 1 hour while you are preparing other components.
2. Wash the okra under running water, then dry throughly, then remove caps and slice the okra into 1/3″ thick round pieces. Place in a bowl, add the olive oil, salt and garlic powder. Give it a good toss. Then transfer to a baking tray lined parchment paper. Preheat oven to 200 C and bake for 10-12 minutes both side of the okra rounds. Check it. If the pieces are still soggy, put them back for an additional 5-10 minutes. Be sure to move the pieces around frequently so the okra browns on all sides. The okra will be a dark green-brown colour, and will smell a bit nutty when it’s cooked through. The edges should be a bit crisp and the middle should be tender. The longer you leave the okra in the oven, the smaller and darker they will get so be careful not to overcook them.
3. In a parge pan, with little olive oil fry the fresh or defrosted peas on medium-high heat until they are bright green and soft enough. Sprinkle some salt and garlic powder. Set aside.
4. Chop your onion, garlic and pear, place in a large pan. Drizzle a little bit olive oil and cook on mediım heat until they are soften, add 1 tbsp water if you need. Once they are soften, add the oat crème fraiche and salt. Continue to cook for 1-2 minutes. Then transfer mixture into a blender. Blend until you get smooth cream. Then transfer back to the pot. Cook on medium heat until the sauce becomes thick enough. Set aside.
5. Drain your brown rice and rinse then add 2 cups filltered water and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes until becomes tender. Let the rice rest, off the heat, for 10 minutes. Fluff, season as desired, and serve.
6. Using a round pastry cutter, shape your rice in the middle of the plate.
7. Cover the top of the rice by lining up the peas and okra in order.
8. Pour 2 tbsp of pear sauce right next to the rice. Sprinkle some rawmesan if desired. Serve immediately.