Nothing beats a dish of creamy vegan pasta. This creamy ocean inspired artichoke pasta is a super delicious and easy to make. We would say that this has been one of the indispensable sauces of our kitchen for the last 2 years. This time made with Lofoten Seaweed’s seaweed blend, topped with amaranth and basil microgreens.
200 g castellane or your favorite pasta
2 small artichoke hearts freshly peeled
2 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves
1 cup filtered water
1 large red or white onion
1 tsp seaweed blend (dulse, nori, wakame in fine powder form)
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp whole black pepper
1/2 tsp whole dried juniper
1 tsp sea salt
1. Cook the pasta according to instructions on your pasta package.
2. Peel and chop your onion, place in a large pan. Add the minced garlic. Drizzle olive oil. Cook on medium heat until soften.
3. Peel and clean your artichoke, cut into cubes, add into your pan. Cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes with the onions.
4. Add the water and bay leaf, cover the pan. Cook on low-medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until artichokes are soften enough and absorbs all the water. Then add little more water, juniper, black pepper and salt. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
5. Remove the bay leaf. Transfer the rest into a high speed blender. Add the seaweed blend. Blend until silky smooth. Add water as you need.
6. Transfer mixture to the pan. Add 2 tbsp pasta water, cook on low heat for 1-2 minutes.
7. Toss with your pasta to coat well.
8. Serve with micro greens, extra seaweed and vegan parmesan if desired.