Prepartion Time: 20 minutes
3 large zucchini
50 g fresh basil leaves
30 g walnuts or pine nuts
90 ml extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp dried seaweed blend from Lofoten Seaweed
1/2 tsp salt + more as you need
2 tbsp nutritional yeast or vegan parmesan grated
1/2 tsp garlic powder or 1 clove of garlic minced
1 tbsp lemon juice
A handful of halved cherry tomatoes or whole tomato cubed and fresh basil to serve
1. Place basil, walnuts, olive oil, lemon juice, seaweed and sea salt into a small bowl of a food processor.
2. Process until fine in consistency, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
3. Stir in the vegan cheese or nutritional yeast and add a little more olive oil until the pesto reaches your desired consistency.
4. Spiralize zucchini using a vegetable spiralizer or cut into thin strands.
5. Place noodle in a bowl. Pour pesto over the noodles. Give it a good toss.
6. Serve with vegan parmesan and fresh basil leaves and halved tomatoes if desired.
Note: If you avoid using oil, you can replace olive oil with a mixture of avocado, lemon and water.