SEAWEED CRUSTED ALMOND CHEESE
Preperation – 20 min + 8 hrs
Quantity – 4 person
2 cups raw almonds soaked
1/2 to 1 cup water to blend thoroughly
1 probiotic capsule
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp gf nutritional yeast (optional)
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp lofoten seaweed blend ( dulse, nori, winged kelp) to coat
1. Soak and peel the almonds then blend almonds, probiotic and water in a high speed blender ( like Blendtec with the twister jar).
2. Pour the mixture in a tall glass bowl and cover with a cheesecloth. Stir to combine with a wooden spoon (not metal, as it can tamper with the effectiveness of the probiotics). Let it sit at room temperature for 24 hours or up to 72 hours to culture. We found 48 hours to be the sweet spot. The longer it sits, the firmer and tangier it will become.
3. Once done, mix in the salt, nutritional yeast and lemon juice.
4. Roll the cheese into a cylinder by first placing a 12 inch long piece of baking paper on a flat surface.
5. Place half of the cheese in the middle and flatten it out into a rectangular shape. Carefully roll the wrap over the cheese and twist the sides to create a cylinder. Tie the ends and freeze for 2-3 hours.
6. Remove the wrap, roll into seaweed blend. Then dehydrate at 42° C for 24 hours to develope a rind. Once done, serve or keep in the refrigerator up to 1 week. If you don’t like the rind, you can skip dehydration step and consume the cheese as it is.
SEAWEED FLAVOURED BUCKWHEAT BRITTLE
Preperation – 20 min + 5-6 hrs
Quantity – 4 person
1 cup sprouted buckwheat groats
1 cup nut milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 to 1 tsp atlantic wakame (from Lofoten Seaweed)
1 tbsp butterfly pea powder (optional if you want them blue)
1.To make brittle, place sprouted buckwheat groats into a bowl and cover with water. Soak for at least 1 hour.
2. Transfer soaked buckwheat groats to a colander. Thoroughly rinse and drain.
3. Combine all the ingredients in a blender and then process at high speed until smooth.
4. Spread the buckwheat mixture on dehydrator trays covered with non-stick silicon sheets or parchment paper. Add dehydrated kumquat slices on top. Dehydrate at 42 C for 5-6 hours until you get brittle texture.