Whether you are searching for a summer salad recipe, making summer salads for a crowd at your next get-together or just trying to put dinner on the table without having to turn on your oven, we’ve got you covered! This simple salad coated with our ocean inspired artichoke seaweed dressing, served with heavenly crispy coconut seaweed brittle!
1 large romaine lettuce
1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
1 large cucumber cubed
1 red bell pepper cubed
1. Rinse, dry and chop or tear the romaine into bite-sized pieces. Place in a large serving bowl. Add the halved tomatoes, cucumbers, red bell peppers.
2. Pour artichoke dressing over the salad. Toss gently until lettuce is evenly coated.
3. Add the micro greens.
Artichoke seaweed dressing
2 artichoke hearts freshly peeled
1 large onion
1 garlic clove minced
1 tsp seaweed blend from Lofoten seaweed ( or nori, dulse, wake flakes)
2 tbsp olive oil (optional, skip if you don’t prefer to use oil)
1/2 cup water + more if you need to get desired consistency
1 bay leaf
1. Peel your onion, place in the sous vide bag. Add the artichoke hearts and bay leaf and close the bag.
2. Cook sous vide for 4-5 hours at 42 C or until soft enough.
3. Once soften, remove the bay leaf and transfer the rest to your blender.
4. Add garlic clove, seaweed, water and blend well until you get smooth salad dressing. Add more water if you need.
Seaweed coconut brittle
2 cups young coconut meat
3 tbsp fresh coconut water ( just enough amount to reach a thick cream consistency)
A pinch pink himalayan salt
1/2 tsp seaweed blend (from Lofoten Seaweed)
1. Place young coconut meat, coconut water and salt into your blender. Blend until smooth.
2. Spread the batter on the dehydrator sheets lined silicon paper. It should be around 1/4 inch thick.
3. Sprinkle some seaweed on the batter.
4. Dehydrate at 42 C. Check it every hour and flip it after 2-3 hours or when it is dry and possible. Continue to dehydrate another 3 hours or until crispy enough. Then break and serve with salad our enjoy as it is.