1 large celery root,
1 large potato,
1/2 teaspoon organic chili pepper,
5-6 fresh basil leaves,
A pinch of baking soda,
4 tablespoon whole wheat flour,
2 teaspoon lupin powder ( or your favorite egg replacer) + 4 teaspoon water,
1 teaspoon sea salt,
3-4 tablespoon olive oil to fry
1.Wash the celery roots and potato. Grate them over a large bowl.
2. Wash, drain and cut basil leaves into small pieces.
3. In a small bowl, mix lupin powder with water well.
4. Add chili pepper, cutted basil leaves, baking soda, whole wheat flour, lupin mixture and salt into the bowl. Mix with grated celery potato mixture. Knead with your hands well.
5.Pour the olive oil into the frying pan until the bottom of the pan is just coated in oil. Heat the pan over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon of the hashbrown mixture, flattening it and evenly spreading it out over the surface of the pan with a spatula.
6. Fry for 5-6 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
7. When they are fried, remove the hashbrown patties from the pan and place it on a plate lined with paper towels.
8. Serve warm or cold with your favorite vegetables and sauces.