120 g rice flour
20 g cacao powder
50 g almond flour
70 g coconut sugar
4 g baking powder
120 ml oat milk
40 g coconut oil melted
1 tsp vanilla extract or 1/4 tsp ground tonka beans
1 tsp lemon zest
- In a large bowl, mix together the rice flour, cacao powder, almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Then add the oat milk, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, and lemon zest. Mix until well combined and smooth. Cover the bowl with plastic film and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 220°C without the fan.
- Lightly grease your madeleine pan with olive oil and pipe the cold batter into each cavity.
- Transfer the filled madeleine pan to the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Once chilled, transfer the madeleine pan to the oven and bake at 220°C for 2 minutes, then turn down the heat to 180°C and bake for another 7 minutes, or until your madeleines have a hump and are golden brown on the bottom.
- Let the madeleines cool for a couple of minutes before unmoulding.
- You can coat them with chocolate or decorate with chestnut puree and raw coconut frosting (recipe from our GOURMET RAW CAKEBOOK) if you wish.