Serves: for 250 g pasta
160 g cauliflower florets
1 cup dandelion greens
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tbsp tamari
1 medium onion
2-3 garlic cloves
1.5 cup pasta water
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
2 bay leaves
1/4 tsp chili pepper
1/4 cup toasted green peas
1. Heat the oil in a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and let it cook for 3-4 minutes until soft.
2. Add chopped garlic and red pepper flakes , cook until golden brown. Add the cauliflower and 1 cup pasta water to the pot, cover with a lid and let the cauliflower steam for 5 minutes, or until you can pierce it easily with a fork.
3. Transfer the cauliflower , add 1/2 cup pasta water and other pot contents to a blender and blend until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients (starting with 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast , tamari and 1 teaspoon of salt) and blend again. Taste and add more nutritional yeast and sea salt, if you’d like. Transfer mixture in a pot, add bay leaves, cook on low heat for 5-6 minutes. Then remove bay leaves.
4. Use sauce right away or store it in a glass mason jar until you are ready to use it. When ready, pour sauce into a pan to keep warm. Toss with pasta when ready and serve immediately.
5. When you are ready to serve your pasta, add the dandelion greens to the skillet and cook, stirring, until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the cauliflower alfredo and season to taste with salt and pepper. Keep warm over low heat.
6. Serve with some peas if you like.
If you loved this recipe, you might be interested in our NEW NORDIC MEET OLD ITALIAN cookbook.