90 g white quinoa uncooked
130 g water
1/4 tsp salt
1. Soak the quinoa in a bowl for at least 3-4 hours to remove its phytic acid and bitter taste.
2. Once soaked, rinse and strain, transfer to your blender along with the water and salt.
3. Blend for 40-50 seconds at a high speed blender or until the batter is smooth. The batter will not be too thick, it is just more liquid like a crepe batter.
4. Transfer the batter into a large bowl and let it sit for 10-12 minutes to thicken.
5. Warm a non-stick pan over medium heat and spray a little bit of olive oil all over the pan.
6. Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the center of the pan and using the back of a spoon.
7. Cook for 2 minutes on one side, then flip and cook on the other side.
8. Repeat the process for the rest. Make sure you spray the pan with olive oil for each crepe.
Storage: up to 2 days in an airtight container.
This recipes makes 5 x 20 cm crepes. Double the ingredients for big batch.
Serve with pulled oyster mushrooms, tomatoes, green onions, parsley and hemp hearts or with your favorite filling.
If you loved this recipe, you might be interested in our “FOOD WE LOVE: Feel-Good Wholesome Plant Based Recipes from Scratch”.