Serves – 2-3 person (30 cm circular pizza)
175 g quinoa flour
2 tsp psyllium husk powder
1 cup water
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 220 C. Line a 22cm circular baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Place the quinoa in a large mixing bowl with the olive oil, baking powder, salt and water and mix to make a smooth mixture.
3. Spread the batter into the prepared pan until set.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes, then remove the quinoa pizza crust, flip it directly onto the baking pan (flip and remove the parchment paper from the top side).
5. Return the pizza to the oven baking. Bake until the top is crusty and the edges are crisp, about 5 minutes more.
6. Spread the pizza sauce on the crust, almost to the edges. Sprinkle with the vegan cheese. Bake the pizza on the top rack until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle fresh herbs, adjust the salt and pepper. Cut and serve.