This pasta sauce which I developed by adding damson plums and fennel, has become a classic now. .It has such a delicious slightly sour and sweet pleasant taste that although it is in the summer, it does not feel weight after eating pasta.
220 gr. tagliatelle ( you can also use gluten-free pasta . It does not go well with legumes pasta. I recommend you to try a very good quality italian pasta like Rummo or a gluten-free variety.)
1 large damson plum (two plums if the plums are small, 80g of plums I use)
1 large san marzano tomato (approximately 250 gr.)
1 spoon of tomato paste
A branch of fennel with its root
1 mini carrot (optional)
2-3 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon chipotle
Vegan parmesan, fennel leaves and edible flowers (optional) to serve
- Chop the garlic and fennel into small pieces. Cook with olive oil at low heat until soft. Continue to cook until soften at a lower temperature for 2 minutes by adding vegetables and tomatoes.
- When the tomatoes with plums soften and integrated with fennel and garlic, add the tomato paste. Then add the boiled water of the pasta around 1/4 cup. Cover the pot and cook over low to medium heat until the sauce thickens well.
- Add salt and chipotle and mix your sauce. If it is too dark, add more water and cook.
- Add your cooked pasta to the sauce and toss well. Pour over 2-3 spoons of pasta water, quickly turn 3-4 times over high heat and immediately turn off the heat.
- Divide betweeen plates. It can be decorated with thin fennel leaves and on top of vegan parmesan. Bon Appetit.
If you make it , do not forget to tag us @gurmevegan on instagram. We are excited to see your results!