1 pound cauliflower florets,
1 cup almond meal,
1 tbsp nutritional yeast,
A pinch of salti
1 tsp oregano,
3 tbsp flaxseed ground, ( or vegegg)
70 ml water.
Tomato sauce, vegan cheese and your favorite toppings.
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees and line a baking sheet.
2. Wash and cut cauliflowers into small pieces. Place them in a food processor and mix on high until rice-like texture is created.
3. Pour mixture in a deep pot, cover with water. Bring to boil for 4-5 minutes.
4. Strain mixture and transfer into a clean bowl.
5. Cover the strainer with a thin cheesecloth, stretch it well.
6. Pour the mixture into the cheesecloth, get rid of excess water with a spoon, then twist it up, squeeze all the excess moisture out. ( Tip: For the best crust, you should get well dried mixture.)
7. In a small bowl, mix flaxseed ground with water and put it into freezer for 5 minutes.
8. Place strained cauliflower mixture in a large bowl, add salt, almond meal, nutritional yeast and flaxseed mixture.
9. Stir well to mix, you can use your hands for the best results.
10. Press the mixture into the parchment-lined baking sheet. Give a firm to it with a knife.
11. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden browned.
12. Pour tomato sauce.
13. Top with vegan cheese and your favorite vegetables.
14. When you topped with vegetables, cook for 5 minutes, decorate fresh basil leaves and olive oil if desired. Serve warm!