Serves: This recipe makes 6 cm 4 pieces cookie
Time: 10 minutes preparation + 10 hrs dehydration
1 tsp chia seeds + 2 tbsp water
1/2 cup sprouted oat flour (Groddat Havremjöl from Da Carla, can be purchased from body store if you are in Sweden. Otherwise check options in your country or Amazon store. You can also sprout whole oats then dehydrate and grind into fine flour.)
2 tbsp raw cacao
1/2 tbsp raw coconut sugar
2 tbsp maple syrup ( or agave, coconut nectar)
2 tbsp unroasted hazelnut butter
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp licorice salt (from Saltverk Iceland, can be purchased from RawLiving UK . this salt adds another layer of dimension to the overall taste experience. So don’t skip but if you can’t do, just use pink himalayan salt)
1/4 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp chopped raw chocolate (Wermlands Raw Choklad or make your own.)
1. In a mixing bowl, mix chia seeds and water. Keep stirring for the first minute or so to prevent the chia seeds from clumping together. Then set asid for 5 minutes.
3. Then add the rest of ingredients in the chia seed mixture. Stir well to combine.
4. Fold in the chopped chocolate.
5. Transfer the dough onto a baking tray lined parchment paper. Lightly wet your hands with a little bit olive oil and shape the dough into small cookies. ( 6 cm X 4 pieces ) The cookie won’t spread, so shape it the way you want the end result to look like.
6. Dehydrate for 8-10 hours (or overnight) until fully dried both sides of the cookies in the Excalibur dehydrator.
7. It can be stored in the airtight container or jar up to 2 months. Once opened the jar, consume immediately for the best taste.
This Raw Chocolate Cookie recipe is from our “Mad About Raw: Exclusively Designed Raw Food Recipes” (Expanded Second Edition) Cookbook.
If you loved this recipe, you might be interested in our “ Mad About Raw” Cookbook.