Kanelbullar! One of the Sweden’s most delicious national treasures that I have always been craving…
These raw kanelbullar are made with a perfectly soft cardamom dough, a creamy cinnamon-caramel filling with raisins, and chewy celeriac crumbs. Try our creative raw twist.
Good to Know: In Sweden we eat kanelbulle all year round but the official day to celebrate this sweet bread is on October 4.
Time: 30 minutes
90 g gluten-free rolled oats (grind into fine powder)
100 g raw almond flour
50 g maple syrup
20 g coconut oil melted
1 tsp ground cardamom
A pinch salt
1 tbsp water
1 batch homemade raw date caramel (140 g)
50 g dried raisins
1 tbsp coconut oil melted
2 tsp cinnamon powder
A pinch of pink himalayan salt
200 g celeriac
50 g finely chopped almonds
2-3 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tbsp coconut aminos
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
A pinch salt
1. Place the date caramel in a bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients over the caramel.
2. Mix well until well combined. Taste and adjust the salt and cinnamon if needed.
1.Place the almond flour and all remaining ingredients in a food processor and mix into a dough.
2. Roll out between two baking sheets to a rectangle. Spread the filling and cut strips about 2 cm wide with a chef knife.
Roll up each strip and give them a a smaller bun shape.
Celeriac crumble topping
1. Peel and wash your celeriac. Transfer in a food processor, blend until you get rice-like texture.
2. Squeeze them with your hands and remove the excess water.
3. Transfer to a bowl. Add the coconut aminos, salt, coconut sugar, almonds and pepper. Mix to combine together.
4. Spread on a dehydrator sheet lined parchment paper. Dehydrate at 42 C for 3-4 hours or until fully dried.
5. Sprinkle the topping on top of the buns.
Set them in the fridge for an hour or so before serving.
If you love raw desserts, you might be interested in our GOURMET RAW CAKEBOOK, MAD ABOUT RAW and RAW FIKA cookbooks.