One of our most loved creations from our new raw vegan collection. The balsamic vinegar adds a nice tangy dimension to sweet beets, and creates a complementary flavor with chocolate.
120 g dried raisins soaked
100 g raw chopped beetroot
40 ml balsamic vinegar
20 g raw cacao powder
55 g desiccated coconut
90 g almond flour
20 g coconut oil melted
1/4 tsp licorice salt or pink himalayan salt + more as needed ( taste before rolling, to add more dimension add a little bit more salt if you need)
150 g melted raw chocolate
Edible gold, freeze dried raspberry powder or desiccated coconut
1. Place balsamic and beets in a food processor. Blend together until beet is chopped into very small pieces (rice-like).
2. Then add soaked raisins and continue to blend until you get a smooth paste.
3. Add the cacao powder, desiccated coconut, almond flour, salt and melted coconut oil. Blend together.
4. Transfer dough to a bowl, sit in the freezer for 30 minutes.
5. Once time is up, and the dough is thickened enough, roll the dough into small balls in desired size with your hands. Freeze for 10-15 minutes while you are melting the chocolate.
6. Melt the raw chocolate using bain marie, let it cool at room temperature for 10 minutes.
7. Remove the balls from the freezer. Dip each one in melted chocolate. Let it cool on a parchment paper.
8. Roll in edible gold powder and fd raspberry powder, or desiccated coconut according to your choice.
9. Place in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes before serving.
If you loved this recipe you might be interested in our raw books: “RAW FIKA“, “GOURMET RAW CAKEBOOK” and “MAD ABOUT RAW.” For more, visit our SHOP.
Do you know that our first raw book called “GOURMET RAW” that first published in 2019, now has its expanded and new edition with 140 recipes? We want it to be accessible to all, so the kindle edition is now only 9.99 USD !